Financial Services Information
SNL provides 360-degree coverage of the financial services industry. Many portfolio managers use SNL as their exclusive, one-stop information provider for one or more of the 6 sectors SNL covers. Whether you're a sector specialist or a generalist, SNL's sector-specific formats, fields and financials give you the most relevant views.
Serving and covering the financial services community.
Industry leaders make SNL their preferred source for complete, accurate and timely financial data on financial services companies. Cross-sector coverage has a dual purpose: to vet external investments or acquisition opportunities and to benchmark internal performance against your peers. SNL offers detailed financial services information, which includes news, investor presentations and transcripts, for the following types of firms:
- Asset Managers (11,000+ public and private)
- Broker/Dealers (4,700+ public and private)
- Exchanges (NYSE Euronext, NASDAQ OMX Group, CME Group, TMX Group, Intercontinental Exchange)
- Specialty Lenders (6,500+ public and private)
- Mortgage REITs (40+ SEC filers)
- Business Development Companies (3 SEC filers)
- Financial Technology Companies (100+ SEC filers)
Data, news and analytics are cross-linked.
Dozens of preformatted snapshots show you financial trends, M&A activity, business profiles and market share. Breaking news items and historical archives all have links to relevant company profiles, articles and reports. Make meaningful peer comparisons, perform in-depth analysis and generate customized reports using a point-and-click menu. Set up your own proprietary models and link them to the SNL database.
SNL provides full Balance Sheet data and Regulatory Capital data for its covered universe of nearly 5,000 private broker/dealers.
- Get a full breakdown of assets and liabilities
- Assess counterparty risk and credit quality
- Benchmark and analyze brokers' liquidity
- View income statement highlights, back to 2000Y.
- Analyze brokers' regulatory capital requirements and levels for multiple companies across multiple periods