European Banking Information
SNL simplifies analysis of the European Banking
sector by consolidating all of the information you need in one place and standardizing
it on a real-time, interactive web-based platform. Since 1987, SNL has been the
leading provider of sector-focused information in North America, and now we offer
the same high caliber of intelligence for the European market. SNL provides comprehensive
data, news and documents on listed, non-listed and subsidiary banks across Europe, as well as information on insurance
and financial services firms.
Europe’s first common platform for strict peer comparisons.
SNL's European banking coverage is written in a common language. Our exclusive IFRS banking template simplifies comparisons across different institutions in multiple countries without time-consuming manual data entry. Easily compare institutions in the U.K., Italy, France, Sweden, Poland and more. SNL performs all currency conversions and language translations, saving you valuable time.
More data, faster with an exclusive accuracy guarantee.
SNL gathers data from multiple sources, scrubs it for accuracy, and publishes it faster than any other provider. Our speed has already astonished the European financial community, and only SNL guarantees accuracy. Find an error in our data and get a $50 reward. Plus, our numbers link right back to the source documents for easy auditing.
An up-to-the-minute hub of European news, data and insight.
Stay on top of current news and trends with SNL’s real-time news updates, newsletters and The Daily Dose, our early morning summary of local industry news from across the Continent, translated as needed. Access original sources with one click – SNL archives all original documents, collected from company Web sites, regulatory bodies and stock exchanges.
- Use standardized ratios for easy benchmarking, screening and peer analysis
- Review balance sheet by nature and classification or view income statement details
- Dissect the components of Tier 1, 2, and Total Capital
- Evaluate loan composition by type, currency, geography and maturity schedules
- View detailed credit quality metrics
SNL’s team of analysts has compiled the largest single dataset of European bank branches: 220,000+ locations for covered banks in 40+ countries.
- View a summary of each bank’s retail branch locations by country.
- Generate professional-quality maps for a single company or multiple companies with the push of a button.
- Quickly determine a company’s biggest retail competitors as well as assess how many branches two banks have within a specified distance of one another.
- Drill down to specific company debt or equity issues and view a company's debt maturity schedule
- Track M&A transactions geographically, analyze synergies and perform deal scenario mapping
- Review company merger and capital-raising histories
- The Daily Dose summarizes all of the significant news stories from Europe’s major publications, published at 8:00 am London time, every business morning.
- SNL European Financials Daily delivers the banking news you need from every corner of Europe. Each issue combines proprietary reporting and analysis with time-saving news summaries from hundreds of media sources.
- Portfolios allow you to pick the companies that most interest you and receive alerts and summaries to make sure you don’t miss a beat.
- Compare countries across multiple macroeconomic indicators for several years of history and projections.
- Quantify a bank’s domestic branch network relative to its European presence.
- Assess country-level branch penetration, as well as M&A and capital-raising activity.
- Build your own template once, then update it at the touch of a button whenever we update our database.
- Create your own customized spreadsheets.
- Tap into our extensive library of pre-built templates.