SNL Energy provides expansive coverage of the North American renewable energy markets. Many states in the U.S. have binding renewable portfolio standards which will require over 110 Terawatt hours from renewable sources, including biomass (all types of feedstocks and waste-to-energy), geothermal, solar, wind (including offshore) and tidal power. SNL Energy gives clients the insight to analyze this developing market.
Integrated news, data and analytics.
By combining news, data and research into a customizable online platform, SNL Energy is the definitive source for tracking the ever-evolving renewable markets. SNL Energy monitors and distills policy and regulatory information that drives renewable energy investment decisions. Experienced analysts research industry-related financial and operational data and present it in a concise and meaningful format.
Data accuracy guarantee.
As the leading provider of energy industry intelligence and data, SNL continually improves the process of gathering, vetting and scrubbing data. As a result, we are the only provider that guarantees data accuracy.
SNL's coverage of renewable energy includes:
Renewable power projects (2,500+ Plants)
- Tracking over 200 Gigawatts of renewable capacity
- SNL RECs Index
- Transmission projects
- Market Prices
- Environmental control projects
- SNL Spot and Forward Power Index
- 26 zones and hubs
- SNL emission pricing
- EPA trading programs for SOx and NOx
- CME forwards and futures
- Power prices at 24 major congestion zones and power trading hubs
- Hourly prices at every node, zone and hub as well as forecast and actual demand for all North American ISOs.
Proprietary power plant Briefing Books provide a comprehensive view of a proposed project's characteristics, including:
- Owners & developers
- Location & size
- Technology & fuel
- Development status
- Power purchase agreements
- Reported or estimated costs
Existing facility reports include generation, capacity factor and plant financials.
Our customizable Excel templates provide a wide range of tools for analysis, from a simple summary of coal mines owned to a more complex collection of peer analysis tools. The DataWizard embedded in the Excel Add-In allows access to years of historical data to create tailored reports.
SNL Energy provides proprietary daily assessments; weekly REC Index, ISO day-ahead, hour-ahead, and hourly real-time prices; OTC Global Holdings power and natural gas forwards; and CME forwards, futures, and swaps. These data are available through the Web interface and the Excel Add-In.
- Integrate SNL Energy's commodities data into your own Excel models with auto-refresh capabilities to stay current.
- Create customizable watch lists for efficient tracking and analysis of multiple markets.
- Instantly view pricing data for coal, natural gas, electricity, heating oil, crude oil and emissions.
SNL Energy's Renewable Energy Week newsletter covers breaking developments in demand-side management, smart grid, announced new projects, requests for proposal, renewable portfolio standards and important legislation.
SNL Energy's industry-leading news coverage is tightly integrated with the company and power plant Briefing Books. From the stories, users can link directly into the various Briefing Books as well as other related stories on the same companies and/or plants. Market-moving news is delivered online, dynamically filtered to your specific interests.