SNL Energy provides in-depth coverage of U.S. coal producers and mines. We combine information from multiple federal sources including EIA, FERC, MSHA, and SEC as well as proprietary SNL models, into a interactive decision support platform. Whether you're a supplier, buyer or analyst, you can tailor SNL Energy's information for your business objectives.
Integrated data, news and analytics.
Our Company Briefing Books combine financial and operational data, documents and news into a summary of key statistics and trends. The Coal Mine Briefing Book highlights coal production and mine operational details. Our Excel Add-in provides immediate access to robust data and templated reports, including an extensive library of customizable Excel templates for coal industry analysis and benchmarking.
Data accuracy guarantee.
As the leading provider of coal industry intelligence and data, SNL continually improves the process of gathering, vetting and scrubbing data. As a result, we are the only provider that guarantees data accuracy.
SNL's coal sector coverage includes the following:
- Coal Producers Operational Statistics (1500 +)
- Holding Company Financials
- Market Prices (SNL Indexes, CME, Emission Prices)
- MSHA Mine Statistics (3,500+ mines)
- Quarterly Production
- Employee Numbers and Hours
- Accident and Injury
- EIA Monthly Fuel Purchase Transactions (between Mines and Power Plants)
- SNL Modeled Mine-to-Plant Transportation Costs
- Coal news and data on the latest topics
Get a complete picture of a mine's operational data, documents and related news. The mine profile presents location details along with ownership and operator information.
- Evaluate quarterly production details to identify industry trends.
- Highlights of MSHA data including number of accidents and hours worked by employees for safety and efficiency analysis.