Chief Executive Officer
UMB Bank, n.a.
UMB Financial Corporation
Michael Hagedorn is president and chief executive officer of UMB Bank, n.a. and vice chairman of UMB Financial Corporation. He is responsible for commercial banking, institutional banking, personal banking, business banking, private wealth management, healthcare services, loan underwriting and approval, bank products and services, and corporate marketing and communications.
Prior to this role, Michael served as chief financial officer and chief administrative officer of UMB Financial Corporation with responsibility for corporate and regional finance, corporate treasury, audit, compliance, regulatory reporting, strategic planning, investor and government relations, mergers and acquisitions, management reporting, corporate development, corporate security, properties, enterprise project management, corporate legal, management information systems and the operations technology group. He joined UMB in 2005.
Hagedorn was recognized by the Kansas City Business Journal as a CFO of the Year honoree in 2009, 2010 and 2012. The Des Moines Business Record also honored him with their “40 Executives Under 40” honor in 2004.
Company Facts: As of December 31, 2017
• UMB Financial Corporation total revenue is $982.5 million and
total assets under management are $14.8 billion as of year
• Average loan balances in 2017 increased 8.5 percent and stood
at $10.8 billion at year end.
• Net interest income increased by 12.8 percent compared to
2016, driven by benefits from higher short-term interest rates,
favorable pricing and increased loan balances.
• UMB Bank received the No. 1 ranking in market share of
deposits in Kansas City with $11.07 billion as of June 30, 2017.
• Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Board, vice chairman,
executive committee member, and board member
• Kansas City Streetcar Authority Board, chairman of the board, executive committee member, founding board member and past treasurer
• Kansas City Downtown Council, past chairman of the board, current executive committee and board member
• University of Kansas, Business College, finance advisory board, member
• Starlight Theatre, board member
• Boy Scouts Heartland Chapter, luncheon chair
• Boys & Girls Clubs, annual fundraising chair
• Salvation Army, annual luncheon chair
• Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Bachelor of Business Administration, major
in finance, minor in accounting
• Wells Fargo College of Commercial Credit, honors graduate
• University of Michigan Ross School of Business, Executive Leadership Program
• Harvard Business School, Executive Leadership Program
• Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Executive Education Program
• Global 100—Next Generation Leadership Program
The information that is on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site, and we are not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information. UMB Financial Corporation does not undertake an obligation, and disclaims any duty, to update any of the information on or available through this site.