President and Chief Executive Officer, UMB
Vice Chairman, UMB Financial Corporation
Michael Hagedorn is president and chief executive officer of
UMB Bank and vice chairman of UMB Financial Corporation. He
is responsible for commercial banking, business banking, small
business banking, private wealth management, institutional asset
management, correspondent banking, consumer banking and UMB
Financial Corporation’s investment portfolio. Prior to this
role, Hagedorn served as chief financial officer and chief administrative
officer of UMB Financial Corporation with responsibility for
corporate and regional finance, corporate treasury, audit, compliance,
regulatory reporting, strategic planning, investor and government
relations, mergers and acquisitions, management reporting, corporate
development, corporate security, properties, enterprise project
management, corporate legal, management information systems
and the operations technology group. He joined UMB in 2005.
Hagedorn was recognized by the Kansas City Business Journal
as a CFO of the Year honoree in 2009, 2010 and 2012. The Des
Moines Business Record also honored him with their “40 Executives
Under 40” honor in 2004.
Additionally, UMB has been recognized as one of the best banks
in the United States for the past five years (based on eight
financial measures of asset quality, capital adequacy and profitability,
according to studies by Forbes and SNL Financial) and was also
one of 31 banking institutions named to KBW’s 2013 “Bank Honor
Roll.” UMB was also entered into the Congressional Record in
2010 for excellent performance during the financial crisis.
Company Facts: As of December 31, 2013
• Ten-year total return of 220.3 percent from December 31, 2003 to December 31,
2013, according to SNL Financial.
• Net income for 2013 reached a record $134.0 million, or $3.20 per diluted share,
up 9.2 percent from 2012 earnings—UMB’s fourth consecutive year of earnings growth.
• Received the No. 1 ranking in deposit share in Kansas City for the third year
in a row.
• Increased average total loans 18.5 percent in 2013, while nonperforming loans
remained at a low 0.47 percent of average loans.
• Nearly 60 percent of 2013 revenue came from noninterest income.
• University of Kansas Business College Finance Advisory Board, Member
• Kansas City Downtown Council, Chairman of the Board
• Downtown Kansas City Civic Ventures, President and Board Member
• Greater Kansas City Local Initiatives Support Cooperation (LISC), past Chairman
of the Board
• Kansas City Mayoral Streetcar Governance, Board Member
• Nativity Parish Finance Council, past Chairman of the Board and current Board
• Kansas City Streetcar Authority Board, Founding Board Member & Treasurer
• Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Board, member
• Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Bachelor of Business Administration
• Wells Fargo College of Commercial Credit, Honors Graduate
• University of Michigan Ross School of Business, Executive Leadership Program
• Harvard Business School, Executive Leadership Program
• Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Executive Education Program
• Global 100 – Next Generation Leadership Program
The information that is on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site, and we are not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information. UMB Financial Corporation does not undertake an obligation, and disclaims any duty, to update any of the information on or available through this site.