Chief Executive Officer
UMB Bank, n.a.
UMB Financial Corporation
Michael Hagedorn is president and chief executive officer of
UMB Bank, n.a. and vice chairman and interim chief financial
officer of UMB Financial Corporation. He is responsible for
commercial banking, business banking, small business banking,
private wealth management, institutional banking services, correspondent
banking, consumer banking, healthcare services and UMB Financial Corporation’s investment
Prior to this role, Michael served as chief financial officer
and chief administrative officer of UMB Financial Corporation
with responsibility for corporate and regional finance, corporate
treasury, audit, compliance, regulatory reporting, strategic
planning, investor and government relations, mergers and acquisitions,
management reporting, corporate development, corporate security,
properties, enterprise project management, corporate legal,
management information systems and the operations technology
group. He joined UMB in 2005.
Michael was recognized by the Kansas City Business Journal
as a CFO of the Year honoree in 2009, 2010 and 2012. The
Des Moines Business Record also honored him with their “40
Executives Under 40” honor in 2004.
Since 2009, UMB Bank has been recognized as one
of America’s best banks six times, based on eight financial
measures of asset quality, capital adequacy and profitability,
according to studies by Forbes and SNL Financial and
was also one of 31 banking institutions named to KBW’s
2013 “Bank Honor Roll.” UMB Bank was also entered into the Congressional
Record in 2010 for excellent performance during the financial
Company Facts: As of September 30, 2016
• For the third quarter, average earning assets stood at $18.4 billion,
an increase of 1.6 percent over the linked quarter and 9.1 percent
over third quarter 2015.
• Average total assets for the third quarter 2016 were $19.7 billion
compared to $18.1 billion for the same period in 2015, an increase of
$1.6 billion, or 8.7 percent.
• At September 30, 2016, average loans increased 3.0 percent, on a
linked-quarter basis, and 14.0 percent, compared to third quarter
• $15.0 million in cost savings has been recognized through third
quarter 2016, with the expectation of recognizing an additional $8.4
million in the remainder of 2016 and early 2017.
• Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Board, executive committee member, board member and treasurer
• Kansas City Streetcar Authority Board, chairman of the board, executive committee member, founding board member and past treasurer
• Kansas City Downtown Council, past chairman of the board, current executive committee and board member
• Kansas City Mayoral Streetcar Governance, board member
• Greater Kansas City Local Initiatives Support Cooperation (LISC), past chairman of the board
• University of Kansas, Business College, finance advisory board member
• Launch KC, founding board member
• Nativity Parish Finance Council, past chairman of the board and current board member
• Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Bachelor of Business Administration, major
in finance, minor in accounting
• Wells Fargo College of Commercial Credit, honors graduate
• University of Michigan Ross School of Business, Executive Leadership Program
• Harvard Business School, Executive Leadership Program
• Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Executive Education Program
• Global 100—Next Generation Leadership Program
The information that is on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site, and we are not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information. UMB Financial Corporation does not undertake an obligation, and disclaims any duty, to update any of the information on or available through this site.