President and Chief Executive Officer, UMB
Vice Chairman, UMB Financial Corporation
Michael Hagedorn is president and chief executive officer of UMB Bank and vice chairman
of UMB Financial Corporation. He is responsible for commercial banking, business
banking, small business banking, private wealth management, personal and corporate trust, institutional bond sales, institutional asset
management, correspondent banking, consumer banking and UMB Financial Corporation’s
investment portfolio. Prior to this role, Hagedorn served as chief financial officer and chief
administrative officer of UMB Financial Corporation with responsibility for corporate and
regional finance, corporate treasury, audit, compliance, regulatory reporting, strategic
planning, investor and government relations, mergers and acquisitions, management
reporting, corporate development, corporate security, properties, enterprise project
management, corporate legal, management information systems and the operations
technology group. He joined UMB in 2005.
Hagedorn was recognized by the Kansas City Business Journal as a CFO of the Year
honoree in 2009, 2010 and 2012. The Des Moines Business Record also honored him with
their “40 Executives Under 40” honor in 2004.
Additionally, UMB has been recognized as one of the best banks in the United States for
the past six years (based on eight financial measures of asset quality, capital adequacy
and profitability, according to studies by Forbes and SNL Financial) and was also one of 31
banking institutions named to KBW’s 2013 “Bank Honor Roll.” UMB was also entered into
the Congressional Record in 2010 for excellent performance during the financial crisis.
Company Facts: As of December 31, 2014
• Ten-year total return of 137.6 percent as of December 31, 2014, according to SNL Financial.
• Total assets under management of $42.8 billion with a ten-year compounded annual growth rate of 19.2 percent as of
December 31, 2014.
• Received the No. 1 ranking in deposit share in Kansas City for the fourth year in a row.
• Increased average total loans 12.1 percent in 2014, while nonperforming loans remained at a low 0.37 percent of
• Nearly 60 percent of 2014 revenue came from noninterest income.
• University of Kansas Business College Finance Advisory Board, Member
• Kansas City Downtown Council, past Chairman of the Board / current Executive Committee and Board Member
• Downtown Kansas City Civic Ventures, President and Board Member
• Greater Kansas City Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), past Chairman
of the Board
• Kansas City Mayoral Streetcar Governance, Board Member
• Nativity Parish Finance Council, past Chairman of the Board and current Board
• Kansas City Streetcar Authority Board, Founding Board Member & Treasurer, Executive Committee Member
• Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Board, Executive Committee and Board Member
• Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Bachelor of Business Administration, Major in Finance, Minor in Accounting
• Wells Fargo College of Commercial Credit, Honors Graduate
• University of Michigan Ross School of Business, Executive Leadership Program
• Harvard Business School, Executive Leadership Program
• Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Executive Education Program
• Global 100 – Next Generation Leadership Program
The information that is on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site, and we are not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information. UMB Financial Corporation does not undertake an obligation, and disclaims any duty, to update any of the information on or available through this site.