As of December 31, 2012
• Ten-year total return of 171.0 percent from December 31, 2002 to December 31, 2012, according to SNL Financial.
• Net income for 2012 reached a record $122.7 million, or $3.04 per diluted share, up 15.3 percent from 2011 earnings—UMB’s third consecutive year of earnings growth.
• Received the No. 1 ranking in deposit share in Kansas City for the second year in a row.
• Increased average total loans 10.4 percent in 2012, while nonperforming loans remained at a low 0.49 percent of average loans.
• Nearly 59 percent of 2012 revenue came from noninterest income—three times the median level for the nation’s banks. Earnings per share increased 17.2 percent, and book value increased 12.3 percent.
• Denver Art Museum, Trustee and Executive Committee Member
• Kansas City American Royal, Chairman
• National Jewish Health, Board Trustee
• Boy Scouts of America Denver Area Council, Board Member
Kemper is a resource for local, regional and national media. He has appeared as a special guest on Fox Business, CNBC and Bloomberg Radio. He has also been a featured columnist in the Kansas City, St. Louis, Denver and Springfield Business Journals. Additionally, Kemper and UMB have been featured in banking and finance articles for the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, SmartMoney and Reuters, among others.