President and Chief Operating Officer, UMB Financial Corporation Vice Chairman, UMB Bank
Peter deSilva is president and chief operating officer for UMB Financial Corporation. He is primarily responsible for UMB's fee-producing business units and product lines, including Scout Investments, UMB Fund Services, UMB Healthcare Services, Payment Solutions, and Prairie Capital Management. Additionally, he is responsible for all corporate operations, technology, properties, security and marketing.
UMB has been recognized as one of the best banks in the United States for the past five years (based on eight financial measures of asset quality, capital adequacy and profitability, according to studies by Forbes and SNL Financial) and was also one of 47 banking institutions named to KBW’s 2012 “Bank Honor Roll.” UMB was also entered into the Congressional Record in 2010 for excellent performance during the financial crisis.
Company Facts: As of December 31, 2012
• Ten-year total return of 171.0 percent from December 31, 2002 to December 31, 2012, according to SNL Financial.
• Net income for 2012 reached a record $122.7 million, or $3.04 per diluted share, up 15.3 percent from 2011 earnings—UMB’s third consecutive year of earnings growth.
• Received the No. 1 ranking in deposit share in Kansas City for the second year in a row.
• Increased average total loans 10.4 percent in 2012, while nonperforming loans remained at a low 0.49 percent of average loans.
• Nearly 59 percent of 2012 revenue came from noninterest income—three times the median level for the nation’s banks. Earnings per share increased 17.2 percent, and book value increased 12.3 percent.
• Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce - Board and Executive Committee Member
• Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce - Leader of “Big 5” effort to make Kansas City “America’s Most Entrepreneurial City”
• Park University, Board Member
• MRI Global, Trustee
• Robert W. Plaster Charitable Foundation - Trustee
The information that is on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site, and we are not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information. UMB Financial Corporation does not undertake an obligation, and disclaims any duty, to update any of the information on or available through this site.