President and Chief Operating Officer,
UMB Financial Corporation
Vice Chairman, UMB Bank
Peter deSilva is president and chief operating officer for UMB
Financial Corporation. He is primarily responsible for UMB's
fee-producing business units and product lines, including Scout
Investments, UMB Fund Services, UMB Healthcare Services, Payment
Solutions, and Prairie Capital Management. Additionally, he
is responsible for all corporate operations, technology, properties,
security and marketing.
UMB has been recognized as one of the best banks in the United
States for the past five years (based on eight financial measures
of asset quality, capital adequacy and profitability, according
to studies by Forbes and SNL Financial) and was also one of
31 banking institutions named to KBW’s 2013 “Bank Honor Roll.”
UMB was also entered into the Congressional Record in 2010 for
excellent performance during the financial crisis.
Company Facts: As of December 31, 2013
• Ten-year total return of 220.3 percent from December 31, 2003 to December
31, 2013, according to SNL Financial.
• Net income for 2013 reached a record $134.0 million, or $3.20 per diluted
share, up 9.2 percent from 2012 earnings—UMB’s fourth consecutive year of
• Received the No. 1 ranking in deposit share in Kansas City for the third
year in a row.
• Increased average total loans 18.5 percent in 2013, while nonperforming
loans remained at a low 0.47 percent of average loans.
• Nearly 60 percent of 2013 revenue came from noninterest income.
• Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce - Board
and Executive Committee Member
• Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce - Leader of “Big 5” effort to
make Kansas City “America’s Most Entrepreneurial City”
• Park University, Board Member
• MRI Global, Trustee
• Robert W. Plaster Charitable Foundation - Trustee
• National World War I Museum - Trustee
The information that is on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site is for informational purposes only and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on or available through the Investor Relations section of this site, and we are not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in that information or for actions taken in reliance on that information. UMB Financial Corporation does not undertake an obligation, and disclaims any duty, to update any of the information on or available through this site.