WESTERLY, R.I., April 22, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:WASH), the publicly owned holding company of The Washington Trust Company, has announced that its Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held at the Westerly Library, 44 Broad Street, Westerly, Rhode Island, on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. ET. Free parking is available in the Washington Trust parking garage, located across the street from the Library.
The meeting will be held for the purpose of considering and acting upon the following:
- The election of four directors, Edward O. Handy III, Barry G. Hittner, Katherine W. Hoxsie, and Kathleen E. McKeough, nominated by the Board of Directors, for three-year terms, each to serve until their successors are duly elected and qualified;
- The amendment to Article FOURTH of the Corporation’s Restated Articles of Incorporation, as amended, to increase the number of shares of common stock authorized for issuance from 30,000,000 to 60,000,000;
- The ratification of the selection of KPMG LLP as the Corporation’s independent registered public accounting firm for the year ending December 31, 2016;
- A non-binding advisory resolution to approve the compensation of the Corporation’s named executive officers; and
- Such other business as may properly come before the meeting, or any postponement or adjournment thereof.
A Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials containing instructions on how to access the Proxy Statement, Form 10-K and Annual Report and vote shares was mailed on March 28, 2016 to shareholders of record as of March 14, 2016. Only shareholders of record at the close of business on that date will be entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting.
ABOUT WASHINGTON TRUST BANCORP, INC.
Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc. is the parent of The Washington Trust Company, with $3.8 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015. Founded in 1800, Washington Trust is the oldest community bank in the nation, the largest state-chartered bank headquartered in Rhode Island and one of the Northeast’s premier financial services companies. Washington Trust offers a full range of financial services, including commercial banking, mortgage banking, personal banking and wealth management and trust services through its offices located in Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. The Corporation’s common stock trades on The NASDAQ OMX® under the symbol WASH. Investor information is available on the Corporation’s web site at www.washtrustbancorp.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Elizabeth B. Eckel
SVP, Marketing & Investor Relations
Source: Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc.