Failed Banks & Thrifts
SNL provides comprehensive coverage of failed banks and thrifts, including news coverage, bidding analysis and metrics for government-assisted deals.
SNL gives you:
- Pre-built banking-specific templates that refresh at the click of a button, including templates for government-assisted deals, enforcement actions and asset quality.
- 24/7 news coverage of failures, new shelf charters, newly disclosed bid details, and developments in how the FDIC is structuring these deals.
- Information on shelf charters and private equity investment in failed banks.
- Loss share agreement items including assets under loss share and indemnification assets.
- Deal terms and financials including deposit premium, asset discount, assets and deposits transferred to acquirer, reported gains on bargain purchases and cost to the FDIC.
- Complete coverage of enforcement actions such as cease & desist orders, formal agreements, prompt corrective actions and other regulatory sanctions issued against current banks and thrifts.
- "Adjusted” asset quality metrics that exclude loans guaranteed by the U.S. government.
- In-depth analysis on banking industry issues and trends written by SNL’s team of banking experts.