|K-Bro Linen Inc. (the “Company”) completed its initial public offering as an income trust in 2005. In 2006 and 2008 additional equity was issued as part of two secondary offerings. On January 1, 2011 K-Bro converted from an income trust into a corporation. Total common shares currently outstanding are 7,129,619.|
K-Bro Linen Systems Inc., the Company's 100% owned operating subsidiary ("K-Bro"), is the largest owner and operator of laundry and linen processing facilities in Canada. K-Bro provides a comprehensive range of general linen and operating room linen processing, management and distribution services to large healthcare institutions, hotels and other commercial accounts. Of its total revenue, approximately 75% is from long-term healthcare contracts with the remaining 25% from hospitality and commercial contracts. K-Bro currently has eight processing facilities in seven Canadian cities: Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria, Quebec City and Montreal. We employ in excess of 1,600 people.
K-Bro maintains a three-part strategic focus:
Management believes that K-Bro possesses the following strengths and competitive advantages:
- Secure and maintain long-term contracts with large healthcare and hospitality customers.
- Extend core services to new markets.
- Introduce related services.
- Long-term contracts.
- Strong institutional customer base.
- Modest maintenance capital expenditure requirements.
- National brand-name recognition and strong reputation.
- Experienced management team and effective organizational structure.
- Scalable business model.