Code of Conduct and Accounting Violations Reporting Policy and Whistleblower Hotline
Employees or other interested parties may communicate any violations
of the law or this Code, and report any concerns or complaints regarding
the Company's internal accounting controls or auditing matters by any of the following methods. An employee may also communicate any of the foregoing to his or her supervisor.
In writing either by internal mail or U.S. mail addressed to:
CapitalSource Audit Committee
c/o General Counsel
5404 Wisconsin Avenue, Second Floor
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting your concern or complaint electronically via the following URL: https://capitalsource.alertline.com, and
- By calling the toll-free number: 1.800.762.1752. An independent, “live” operator will take your information and will ask several questions regarding the allegation that will be transcribed and provided to the company. Your anonymity will be maintained, if preferred.
When you communicate any concerns or complaints through any of these methods, this is what you can expect:
- Your report will be taken seriously.
- You may remain anonymous.
- You will not be disciplined, lose your job or be retaliated against for reporting concerns in good faith.
- Your report will be forwarded to appropriate Company personnel or, in the case of reports relating to concerns regarding accounting or auditing practices, to the Audit Committee, for follow-up.
- Your report will be addressed by such personnel or the Audit Committee and its designees and carefully evaluated before it is referred for investigation or resolution.
- Your report will be handled promptly, discreetly, and professionally. Discussions and inquiries will be kept in confidence to the extent appropriate or permitted by law.
Understanding and acting upon any issues that exist regarding financial, accounting and/or audit matters is an essential component to our ability to take action and ensure the highest levels of financial fidelity.
Sign Up for E-Alerts
Receive the latest CapitalSource financial information through E-alerts.Sign Up Now